Anne L. Preston
Anne L. Preston
Ms. Preston was admitted to practice in 2009 and began working for the Costello Law Group when it was formed in 2010. Annie concentrates her practice in the areas of estate planning and probate/estate administration, and civil litigation.
Since joining the Costello Law Group, Annie has assisted clients in all areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, and estate litigation. She prepares estate plans addressing a wide range of issues: tax planning, avoiding probate, business succession, planning for children with special needs, and family conflicts.
Annie has wide ranging litigation experience in the federal and state courts of Maryland and in various arbitration forums, including FINRA Dispute Resolution, Inc. She has successfully litigated claims of medical malpractice and wrongful death against some of the largest skilled nursing facilities in Maryland. She has also represented investors in cases against large financial firms including Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Prudential.
Annie is a member of the Estates and Trusts Committee of the Baltimore County Bar Association where she has chaired programs on a variety of topics. Annie is an active member of the Maryland Association for Justice (MAJ), an organization of dedicated to the professional development of trial lawyers and legislative advocacy. She has served as the chair of the Nursing Home Negligence section and co-chaired MAJ’s annual Medical Negligence and Nursing Home Seminar.
Annie grew up in Baltimore county and attended Middlebury College. Before pursuing a law degree, Annie worked for Christie’s auction house in New York City.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Estate and Trust Dispute Litigation
- Professional Malpractice Litigation
- Nursing Home Negligence Litigation
- Maryland, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2011
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. cum laude
- Middlebury College, Middlebury, Vermont
- B.A. cum laude
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Maryland Bar Association
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- FTI Consulting, Inc., Law Clerk, 2007 – 2009
- DLA Piper, LLP, Summer Associate, 2008
- Mathews v. Cassidy Turley, et al., 435 Md. 584 (2013)
- Bollman v. Splash & Dash, LLC, Md. CSA, Sept. Term 2013, No. 2238 (2015)
- Bollman v. Splash & Dash, LLC, Md. CSA, Sept. Term 2010, No. 1179 (2012)